中英文个人、婚前、婚姻、家庭咨询师

大家好!

谢谢您花时间看我的介绍。我叫王小芳, Xiaofang (Bethanie) Wang Lanterman, Ph.D., 美国马里兰大学家庭研究博士和临床婚姻家庭咨询硕士及北京师范大学家庭教育硕士毕业,美国马里兰州执照, 现任马里兰大学国际校区(UMGC)的兼职副教授。我擅长从系统的角度提供个人、婚前、婚姻、家庭心理咨询,服务于儿童、青少年、成人、夫妻及家庭,特别是为华裔和其他亚裔族群、新移民、国际学生、留学生群体等,疫情期间提供HIPPA-Compliant的网络心理咨询。

我相信能面对自己和家庭的问题,并为了个人、婚姻和家庭的治愈和成长而寻求帮助是一种有勇气和负责任的表现。我目前拥有3年超过600个小时提供个人、婚前、婚姻和家庭咨询的临床经验。有治疗抑郁、焦虑、愤怒情绪管理、创伤、性侵犯、家长教育/育儿、儿童情绪及行为问题、夫妻交流及性问题、家庭冲突及关系、跨文化冲突等问题的经验。主要咨询方式通过认知行为疗法(CBT)、辩证行为疗法(DBT)、原生家庭理念 (Bowen Therapy)、家庭结构疗法(Structural Family Therapy)、游戏疗法(Play Therapy)、焦点解决治疗(Solution-Focused Therapy)、哥特曼夫妻关系疗法(Gottman Couple Therapy)、情绪取向疗法 (EFT)、体验家庭疗法 (Experiential Family Therapy)等,为客户提供积极有效的心理服务。

如果您或者您的家人、朋友需要中文或者英文心理咨询服务,请与我联系。我可以提供普通话和英文服务。我提供15-20分钟的免费电话或视频咨询,回答您的疑问,并根据您的需要为您提供心理服务建议。如果您有经济困难,我会提供滑动收费。请打咨询电话 (301-338-8398)、发电子邮件 ([email protected]) 或者从网上预约咨询: https://www.sbscounselingconsulting.com

您也可以去 Psychology Today看我的信息。

以下是我的英文介绍:

Clinical Degree: University of Maryland at College Park, Couple and Family Therapy
Prepare/Enrich Certified: Yes
Office Location: Virtual services for clients located in the state of Maryland
Available: Monday through Friday: daytime and evening; Saturday: Morning

Education

Ph.D. in Family Science, University of Maryland at College Park
M.S. in Couple and Family Therapy, University of Maryland at College Park
M.A. in Parenting Education, Beijing Normal University, Beijing, China
B.A. in School Education (Pedagogy & Psychology), Anhui Normal University, China

My Philosophy of Counseling

As a Licensed Graduate Marriage and Family Therapist, I believe it is more effective to address individual, couple, and family issues from a systemic lens. It takes courage and great strength to seek help for lasting and rewarding personal growth and for stronger and more fulfilling couple and family relationships. I believe it is important to have the best interest of my clients in my heart, to have sympathy, compassion and care for all my clients, and to build safe, warm, trustworthy, and collaborative therapeutic relationships. I am committed to applying evidence-based and culturally-competent therapeutic concepts and skills to address clients’ specific needs and to build upon client’s strength for change.

Clinical Experience

I have worked with individuals, couples, and families from diverse backgrounds at the University of Maryland’s Center for Healthy Families. As an individual therapist, I enjoy supporting clients as they address issues such as depression, anxiety, anger management, stress management, identity formation, trauma, life transitions, and cross-cultural adaptation.

As a family therapist, my strengths include working families with children and teenagers, as well as immigrant and multi-cultural families. Issues addressed may include family communication, identifying and utilizing appropriate boundaries in parent-child relationships, children’s mental health (e.g., depression, anxiety, panic attacks) and behavioral concerns, parenting, child development, and international education.

As a couple therapist, I work with couples in addressing issues such as breakdown in communication, parenting disagreements, sex and intimacy, loss of passion, and many others. I am particularly interested in working with interracial/cross-cultural couples. I also work with dating and engaged couples who wish to figure out ways to strengthen their relationships, or are deciding about whether to stay together and solidify their commitment.

I enjoy working with clients of all different faith and spirituality backgrounds as they seek to understand how their beliefs fit into their life experiences. I am a Christian, if you are looking specifically for a counselor who understands the Christian faith, please indicate that.

I tend to be eclectic in my theoretical orientation. I have utilized approaches such as CBT, Bowen, DBT, structural family therapy, solution-focused therapy, play therapy (e.g., Sand Tray), Gottman, EFT, and experiential family therapy.

Other Professional Experience

I’ve taught child development, research methods, family law, and family finance classes at undergraduate levels in the Department of Family Science at the University of Maryland as a Teaching Assistant, Asian American Psychology in the Asian American Studies Program at the University of Maryland as an Adjunct Lecturer, and Parenting at the University of Maryland Global Campus as an Adjunct Associate Professor. In addition, my pre-clinical experiences as a researcher, Program Evaluator, and Teaching and Technical Assistance provider for the U.S. federal and state governments have helped me gain experience working with diverse populations including young parents, Native Americans, couples, refugees, and veterans. I am a Pre-Clinical Fellow of the American Association for Marriage & Family Therapy (AAMFT).

About Me:

My strength as a therapist is in connecting with clients from diverse racial and cultural background by being curious, open-minded, warm and kind, in helping clients to gain insights, and in providing clients with knowledge and tools they may need for positive change. As an international student from China and an immigrant myself, I connect well with clients with international backgrounds. I can speak both English and Chinese (Mandarin) fluently. I have been married for 9 years as an interracial/intercultural couple. When not working I enjoy walking in nature and taking pictures, travelling, hiking with my husband, reading, listening to music, hosting parties for internationals with my husband, watching movies, and spending time with my friends.